Hey hey hey! How are you doing today?
Off note, I still love this song:
So how goes it?
I decided to jump back on the linkup bandwagon for Becky at Olives ‘n’ Wine‘s Treat Yourself Tuesday!
I think it’s important to give yourself a treat or a little “me” time as often as possible to keep yourself refreshed and happy. Here’s what I did this week to treat myself:
1. Two naps over the weekend. That’s right, two.
2. I went to a friend’s birthday party, and therefore had birthday cake! Yay, cake!
3. I’ve been indulging in a wee bit of internet shopping. Even though I live in a shopping Mecca right off Union Square, I rather dislike in-person shopping. Especially with a two year old. So I found out that J Crew was having an online sale and scored some white pants for summer for $40. Hellz yeah!
I just recently discovered J Crew and don’t know where I’ve been all my life.
4. All the snacks. My hunger has been off the charts lately, and I’m less concerned with snacking in between meals than I used to be.
All that plus a single-serving bag if chips, a cookie, and a huge bowl of strawberries pre-bedtime. Fooooood.
5. Cutting myself a lot of slack. I’m going through a life-goals-reexamination again, and am slowly identifying habits and activities I probably don’t need to continue doing. More on that, and spring cleaning in general, to come. But overall I’m getting better at not overwhelming myself with tasks and saying it’s okay to just veg on the couch with a movie. Last night we watched “Django Unchained”, which I really liked only it did make me sort of nauseated at parts. I must be getting more fragile as I age.
Wait, no, I’m not. We watched this, too. Oh, my beloved Archer.
That’s all for me, kids. Go take this Tuesday and treat yourself!