First off, this is my 51st post on Emily Rocks the Road! A milestone, yayyyy!
I was sort of planning on taking a blog day off. I wasn’t planning on posting anything or reading blogs. Then I said to myself, who am I kidding, I kind of miss my bloggy friends. So I headed to ye ole Bloglovin’ list for a quick lunchtime gander at what everyone’s up to. Low and behold, I found that I was nominated by Kayla at Blondes Have More Run for the Versatile Blogger Award!
Holy wow, thank you!
So I’m going to be a huge dork about this because I’m still kind of new to this blogging thing, and I am completely shocked and humbled. Another milestone, yayyy! Totally doing a happy dance over here.
Anyway, here are the rules for this award:
1. Thank the person who nominated me for the award (Done! Kayla, you rock.)
2. Share 7 random facts about myself (Oh wait, this takes work? I thought I’d just get to wear a sparkly dress and look cute.)
3. Nominate 15 bloggers of my favorite versatile bloggers for this award (Share the bloggy love!)
7 Random Facts:
- Growing up, my parents owned and taught at a dance studio/karate dojo. I would demo for my mom teaching ballet, swap the tutu for a black belt, then partner for my dad teaching wristlocks and hip throws. This means I am one badass ballerina.
2. I live in San Francisco, but I grew up outside of Omaha, Nebraska. Despite popular opinion I did not grow up on a farm, and had never seen a cow up close until I moved to California.
3. I used to ride bikes competitively in college and rode for the University of Nebraska. I am the 2006 Nebraska State Road Race Women’s cat. 5 champion. That sounds really impressive until I tell you that I won the race because I was the only women’s cat. 5 contendor to show up that day. I should probably start leaving that part out.
4. I am really short – 5’0″. Pants never fit.
5. In 2011, pre-Squishy, we took a Babymoon to London. Best. Vacation. Ever.
6. The Calvin & Hobbes comic series by Bill Patterson practically raised us. Between my brother, sister and I we had every volume. One snowy winter we developed our own “Snowman House of Horror” in the front yard, complete with red food coloring as blood (green for the Alien Tribe Massacre). I should mention that this was also during the time period when we were attending a Catholic school. Every morning three sweet, young, plaid uniform-bedecked children would skip into an awaiting minivan surrounded by a macabre snow carnage. Not sure what the neighbors thought.
7. Hulk and I are celebrating ten years of wedded bliss this summer. Ten years. No wonder I feel so old.
And the Nominees Are:
8. Eat Live Run
12. Made in Sonoma
14. Paleo Jess
Ahh! That was hard. I hate decisions. Hope I didn’t forget anyone. If I did, I’m sorry and you get a free pass to kick me in the shins next time you see me.
EDITED: Um, I totally misspelled “Versatile” in the title. Good thing I am not a professional writer. And I forgot to include the badge. This is fixed, and this is why you don’t write a blog post right before bed without proofreading.