What I Ate Wednesday (WIAW) #1

Greetings, my fellow blog minions!

So, this post is coming a bit later than usual because I want to (finally) jump on Jenn’s “What I Ate Wednesday” bandwagon. I see the series everywhere but could never pull together an entire day’s worth of eats to participate! Well, sometimes you have to set your mind and commit. I was determined this morning to photograph everything before it goes in my mouth. And try to make it not look like crap-ola if I could help it.

So here we are, Emily Rocks the Road’s WIAW #1!

It took me forever to roll out of bed this morning, so by the time I was done with my run I was in a mad flurry to get to work on time. I snacked on bites of apple in between showering and teeth-brushing.


Then picked up a green smoothie from Jamba Juice around the corner on my way to work. I had a gift card left over from last Christmas I decided to finally use and splurge.


The Apples-and-Greens smoothie, by the way, is very apple-y.

Of course, apples and apple smoothies does not eat away a 6 mile run. I was ravenous well before lunch. So I ran to Starbucks down the block and picked up coffee,


And a sausage breakfast sandwich. Artfully displayed on my “work plate” (what, you don’t keep an entire place setting in your desk drawer?).

That helped me make it to lunch. Which was leftovers from yesterday’s lunch! Sauteed ground beef and onion with some nuked frozen veggies.


I tried to make it pretty by posing it on a tea towel.

I also polished off about 1/3 of the sausage I cooked for Squish’s lunch. I was too lazy/in a hurry to make it look pretty, and it was quite frightful sitting there all sausage-y and greasy on the cutting board.

Anyway, I needed an afternoon pick-me-up so to Peet’s I ran for another coffee,


(And sparkle shoes!)

And sustenance of the dark kind.


Totally necessary. Totally worth it. I had about 1/4 of the bar, just enough to take the edge off.

I wasn’t really hungry when  I got home, and Squish was out in a late nap. So I sipped a Coke Zero (unpictured) while I did some cleaning, knocked off some to-do’s, and burned my finger lighting my candle.


So, apparently the trick to lighting a match is you move your finger AWAY from the match head once it has been struck and ignites. Make a note of that.

Anyway, after I nursed my small blister, Squish was up so we had a quick and easy dinner of chicken tenders and homemade sweet tater fries, using Tina’s recipe.





Squish ate most of my ketchup with his fork.

I bought Squish some classic Mr. Bubbles bubble bath today, so he had is first bubble bath before bed. At first he didn’t really know what to do with the bubbles, he just stood there scooping them up in his hands, then shaking them all off. Finally he figured that he could smear them on the wall. That was cool.

Now Squish is down, chores are done, and It’s time for one of these.


Just showing that candle I’m not afraid of him.

There we go! A whole day of my (fairly typical) eats. Thanks to the lovely Jenn for hosting, and I hope to do this again next week!

See you tomorrow.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.