Oh man, you guys. It’s almost the weekend. And almost April, can you believe it?
I had a minor freak-out yesterday when I realized the year is 1/4 over and I hadn’t really set or tracked any progress on my goals at all. 2014 is slipping away like grains of sand through my fingers! –> bonus points if you can guess what pop culture reference I paraphrased that from.
Anyway, I don’t feel like doing normal stuff, so here’s a random post. Random stuff. About me. Because it’s all about me.
- I’ve lived in six states: Minnesota, Texas, California, Nebraska, Wisconsin, and Missouri.
- Growing up, my parents owned a karate and dance school. Karate and dance were not taught in the same class, that would just be too much awesome to handle. But my first job was assistant teaching classes with my folks.
- I have wide feet. Like, really wide feet. I can’t wear heels or cute, strappy shoes. Well, I probably could, but it quickly turns into extreme pain. I like pain less than I like fashion, so, there you go.
- When I was a kid we had a cat named Dusty. He weighed 23 pounds. Once a woman asked if she was pregnant. My sister answered, “He’s a boy cat.”
- In 2011 Hulk and I went to London for a babymoon. Best. Trip. Ever.
- If I could have any food in the world, it would have to be a perfectly seared ribeye steak, medium rare.
- Hulk and I both did competitive cycling in college. I was the 2006 Nebraska Women’s Category 4 State Champion. Because I was the only women’s cat. 4 racer to show up that day (<< Hulk keeps reminding me to leave that part out).
- Speaking of athletic accomplishments, to date I have completed five half marathons, two full, one half iron man, and about a couple dozen bike races. I think I still owe a race report on the North Face Half Marathon back in December. Don’t hold your breath on that one.
- I am a complete and total introvert. I am uncomfortable meeting new people, I prefer small, intimate gatherings to huge parties, and the perfect day ends with me alone in bed with a cup of tea and a book. Which is what I’m about to go do right now!
- Once I did a coworker a favor. When asked what he could do for me in return, I responded, “I want a pony. Dapple grey. I’ll name her Clip Clop.” He came back the next day with a BLACK pony. Didn’t listen to me at all. But Clip Clop still won my heart.
Okay, I think I’ve allowed you to procrastinate doing something actually important long enough. As always, thanks for reading my nonsense for this long.
Any random thoughts for this Thursday?