Okay, so I feel terrible about this. But I’m a horrible person, so this should not come as news. But back in May, Christine at the Marshall Campus Rec blog nominated me for a Liebster Award! And what did I do? NOTHING!! So, here I am begging for forgiveness and trying to make up for lost time. Thank you, Christine, you rock. And the rest of you should head over to the Marshall Campus Rec blog, check it out, grab some workout ideas, and say hey.
Anyway, what is the Liebster Award? Well, it’s an award to recognize new(ish) bloggers to promote blog recognition, find new blogs, generating blog bonds, and generally promote the small(ish) blog community. All good things, all good things.
As the recipient of this award, I am obliged with the following actions:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you (Thank you!)
- Answer the 11 questions they came up with
- Nominate 11 other blogs with less than 500 followers (I’m assuming this is an estimate on my part. I hope I don’t offend; “What do you mean you think I only have 500 followers?!?” Remember, I’m socially awkward.)
- Create 11 new questions for the nominees to answer (mwa ha ha!)
- Tag your nominees and notify them (tag! You’re it!)
Fun, right? Okay, let’s get to my
- If you could have any ability or talent in the world, what would it be? For realistic abilities that others have that I don’t, it would either be the ability to sing on-key or a photographic memory, because that would be kind of cool. For supernatural abilities, being able to fly/teleport or telekinesis. Anything that will enable me to be lazier than I already am.
- What piece of workout equipment best describes you? Squat rack. It’s a standard. Basic. Versatile. Always there for you. And it’ll kick your ass if needed.(source)
- If you had a day a year where you could eat three things you wanted without gaining a single pound or feeling guilty, what would the three things be? I’m assuming “feeling like crap” is another consequence that would be unobserved in this scenario. In that case, jelly beans, pizza, and real Coke.
- If you hosted a dinner party and could only invite three people, who would they be and why (living or deceased)? Ooh, this is a hard one! Seth MacFarlane, because he would be really hilariously offensive and piss everyone off, Jennifer Lawrence, because she would be a really amusing conversationalist and could probably put up with Seth, and Marie Antoinette, because she would be good at gossip and might bring up the status of the dinner party having royalty there and all. Plus you know, cake. We’ll eat cake.
- What is your favorite TV show right now? Archer!(source)
- What is your favorite “healthy food” and why? Almond butter, because it’s tasty, versatile, and satiating
- Any healthy New Year’s Resolutions this year? What were they? How are they coming along? I didn’t really have resolutions, more like goals or focus for the year. It was to heal up all my running injuries (check, I think!), get pregnant and have a healthy baby (again, check, I think!), and to just not fall back in my health habits (sorta check, it’s been up and down).
- If a movie was made about your life, who would play you? Anna Kendrick, because I’m told she resembles me. And I say “she resembles me” because I believe I am older, so I was here first.(source)
- What’s your favorite quote/motto right now? Someone told me that Mark Zuckerburg said if you don’t have enough bugs, you’re not developing fast enough. This is pretty applicable to my current job (I work in software) and in life in general. If you’re not getting dirty/making mistakes/losing/blowing stuff up, you’re not trying or doing it right.
- If you could pick one store to have unlimited access to for the rest of your life (free shopping sprees, go in at whatever time you want), what would it be and why? Ha, at first I was going to say Target, then I was all, “what am I thinking?” Go big or go home: Harrod’s in London! Pure shopping magic right there.
- What are you looking forward to most this summer? FINALLY getting some real pool time in, and all the trips and vacations we have planned (and the sporadic ones I know will be coming!)
Whee! That was fun. Okay, now you go!
My nominees (and you guys, I’m pretty sure you have a billion more followers than I. I just think you’re awesome and I enjoy following you!):
- Amanda at amandakaybaker.tumblr.com (you’re my sister, so I’m kinda obligated, huh?)
- Amber at busyboldblessed.blogspot.com
- Ashley at aladygoeswest.com
- Becky at olivesnwine.com
- Bekah at bekahoutsidethebox.com
- Davida at thehealthymaven.com
- Hannah at cleaneatingveggiegirl.com
- Kelsey at theprimalyogi.com
- Nicole at foodielovesfitness.com
- Renee at bendifulblog.com
- Tara at foodandotherthings.com
Okay, and here are your questions, kids!
- What’s your favorite knock-knock joke?
- It’s 6:30 PM, you just walked in the door, and you find out your mother-in-law/ex-boyfriend you’re not quite over/boss and his wife are coming over for dinner. No time to run to the store. Quick, what’s in your kitchen and what will you make for your super last-minute guest you really want to impress?
- Favorite vacation? Better yet, least favorite vacation?
- Any stupid human tricks you have the ability to compulsively perform?
- What’s the most embarrassing thing you’ve done for money?
- What do you top on your frozen yogurt? Or if you’re not a fan of the fro-yo, your ice cream sundae?
- Describe you’re favorite t-shirt that you own (or steal repeatedly from your significant other). Color? Brand? Fabric texture? How/where do you wear it?
- Starbucks, Peets, or Dunkin’? What do you order?
- How was your day?
- Favorite sport to play? To watch? To hate?
- How many Facebook friends do you have? What percentage do you think you actually know?
Okay, go! And if I didn’t nominate you, I’m sorry and you can kick me in the shins the next time you see me. Or, play along in the comments if you feel so inclined and inspired!
Thanks again for the nomination, Christine, and y’all make it a great day!