It’s Friday, or Fri-yay! as some of my social media counterparts prefer to claim.
Today is Day 27 of my Whole
3036 and I’m hitting the “holy Oprah it’s almost done” phase. And I just finished my copy of “Food Freedom Forever,” so I’m super pumped to actually do this reset right.
I’ve been a Whole30 yo-yo’er, and that’s always been the part that I’ve struggled with. I do my 30 days, feel amazing, then I don’t really do the reintro. So it’s a quick slide back in to Crappysville, population = me, and I have to restart all over, beating my head against the same issues again and again.
Not this time (hopefully!) because now, I have a PLAN!
Written in my handy-dandy Commit30 planner (which is amazing; you should get one) is my day-by-day reintro plan of exactly what I will introduce when. And a doodle of a bike, because I will “ride my own bike” with my own diet from now on, and I apparently doodle bikes really well.
So the reintro process is I keep eating like I’m on a Whole30, but on the specified reintro days I can experiment with off-plan foods to see how they affect my digestion, sleep, energy, mood, and any other noticeable factors that have improved over the last 30 days. Why I’ve never done the proper reintro before is because by Day 30, I was DONE with the plan and could not WAIT to dive head-first into all the stuff I was missing. Now I know better, and I do not want to waste the last 30 days of hard work figuring out how foods affect me if I don’t reintro properly. Lesson learned.
So here’s the plan:
- Day 31: Celebrate a successful Whole30 with a glass of wine! I’m thinking a fancy one from our stash, I’m sure I can twist Hulk’s arm to celebrate with me.
- Day 32: Legumes –
- ALL THE PEANUT BUTTER. Totally slathering my apple in PB with my snack or breakfast.
- Beans – I’ll have a burrito bowl and include beans (but no cheese or rice just yet)
- Days 33 – 34: Whole30 food, see how I feel
- Day 35: Non-gluten grains –
- POPCORN!! With ghee instead of butter, because not Dairy Day yet.
- Maybe rice with dinner. I don’t eat much rice, but my family does, and it would be helpful if I knew how often I can indulge with them. I’m undecided if this is necessary quite yet.
- Days 36-37: Whole30 food, see how it goes
- Day 38: Dairy (okay, now it gets fun)-
- Creamer in the coffee!
- Cheese on my eggs!
- Butter on my veggies!
- Days 39-40: Whole30 food, maybe find out it’s not so fun?
- Day 41: Gluten Day. At last, this is the day.
- BEER. OMG, all the beer. Like, a pint. Not literally all of the beer. That would likely kill me. But I am so eager to have a beer again.
- I am going to search high and low for the best pumpkin muffin in the East Bay. I know I really like the Starbucks pumpkin cream cheese muffins, but I can’t do one of those for reintro because cream cheese. And the Flying Goat coffee shop has hands-down the best pumpkin chocolate chip muffins in the universe, but I don’t want to do one of those for reintro because chocolate chips. Anyone have a good recommendation for an only-pumpkin muffin? Maybe I’ll have to make my own.
- Maybe a sandwich. Because I do like to have a sandwich for lunch from a deli if I’m crunched for time.
Then I Whole30 it for two more days and see how my energy, digestion, mood, sleep, exercise, and all of the other good stuff change with my new diet tweaks.
That’s all for now, go make it a great day!